11/02/2016

Isdal woman Part IV - From fiction to facts

There are so many unknowns in the Isdalen case, but some are more important than others to figure out. Mostly because those select unknowns would lay to rest many other speculations. I will call those important unknowns Core unknowns, and they are important as long as no confirmed identity or affiliation is put forth. To me those two central Core unknowns would be:

C1: Her identity
Given no one comes forth with anything answering most of the questions, finding out who she actually was will eliminate "half" of the theories. By this I mean that the exact manner of death including whether it was self inflicted or not, will not be answered by knowing her identity. She could still have committed suicide if a spy. She could still have been killed if she was a civilian and so on, but the background story would be limited to a few theories based on knowing her identity.
The most important piece of information would be actually discovering her true identity. I am sure NRK with all their help from police will do as much as can be done it this regard. The DNA will hint. Stable isotopes may say something about where she lived. Maybe they also will follow this case further than the DNA and uncover something truly groundbreaking.
The reason her identity is important is straight forward.

C2: Manner of death
I don't think cause of death says anything in this case. How and by what events an organism ceases to be alive tells little of the circumstances in witch those lethal sets of events took place. At best they would be indicative. I might be a bit harsh on the original investigation, but I think this question should have been fully answered by the coroner and the forensic investigators, and I don't agree that any case should be closed until such a descriptive, logical and "consistent with facts" conclusion is reached. If it cant be made beyond reasonable doubt, one should not be put forth at all.
Manner of death would answer if it was a willing self inflicted death, an accident, or a murder. How the coroner and police in 1970 could put forth the suicide conclusion when there were clear evidence uncovered during the autopsy saying there might be more to the story, is beyond me. It is probably also the reason this case has never been forgotten (I am sure this is a common denominator in similar cases).

Other important unknowns
Lets say we know her identity, and we know the manner of death. Next step would be finding out who is responsible? I am not sure this is relevant in this case. Unless she was a civilian and was murdered. If she had any affiliation to any clandestine services, we automatically know who killed her more or less (or it just isn't that relevant anymore). And more importantly someone knows who she was and what she did, and she is not "alone". Someone remembers her. Following the "logic" I used starting this out, I guess there would be no reason for a woman that died doing what she loved and wanted herself, to become a ghost and bugger me in my sleep. And yes, that's the only reason I even care about this case.

Since the official story is that she was a civilian, I guess there is no way I can let all the other unknowns be. Those unknowns are not of Core importance, but they are important to fill in gaps in any of the theories regardless of the two Core unknowns, and they are very important if Isdal woman was indeed a civilian. Furthermore, they all would build a circumstantial case regarding the two Core unknowns if they are never fully uncovered. I'm calling these lesser important circumstantial unknowns, Secondary unknowns.
I am sure this has been done to some extent already, but I like to do my own figuring on this as well. Of all the possible Secondary unknowns in this case, these are the ones I think deserves some digging into. I also list reason for them being interesting:

S1: Her Passport and her "identities"
- would aid both in search for C1 and C2

S2: Her disguises and what they were for
- would aid both in search for C1 and C2

S3: Her travels including patterns
- would aid in search for C1

S4: The codes and why they were used
- would aid in search for C1. Indirectly also C2

S5: Her languages
- would aid in search for C1

S5: Her belongings
- would aid both in search for C1 and C2

S6: Her physical appearance
- would aid in search for C1. Indirectly also C2

S7: Cause of death
- would aid in search for C2. Indirectly maybe also C1

S8: Her interactions with other
- would aid in search for C1. Maybe also C2

I have already touched upon S1, S5 and S6. S7 is half explained by the Coroner, but there are clear problems in the conclusion. I feel like doing a thorough series of posts on S7, S2 and s4. I suspect the main reason the general public has trouble accepting the official story is because C2 / S7 is somewhat strange to Westerners, and S7 makes a conclusion regarding C2 that is not consistent with C7 itself. Since NRK and official sources seem to be looking seriously at C1, my next post will be about C2 / S7.

Any theories would have to be based on findings in the two categories above. I might even have to make a flowchart ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment